80% from the people who go to the gym simply want to look good. Most people who go to a gym or fitness center will never think about the wide variety of health benefits of strength training to create lean muscle mass. That’s because they are too preoccupied with the thought of wanting to look like Arnold or maybe the Rock.
However, you should know the many health benefits you can enjoy through weight training to build lean muscle mass. These benefits far outweigh the esthetic or beauty improvements.
Before you decide to engage in some serious resistance training, take time to look at these important health benefits of creating muscle.
Are you aware of the many benefits of building muscle? Here’s 5 reasons why muscles are your best friends.
Get Fortius Fitness “Complete Body Transformation Blueprint” For FREE:
Master The Skill OF Creating The Body You Want In 15 Days!
VIDEO SUMMARY: 5 Benefits of Building Muscle That Most Women & Men Don’t Know About
Benefits of Muscle #1: Muscle keeps you young
• In older adults, starting around age thirty, muscle mass in your body starts to decline or atrophy.
• If you let that happen this will start a cascade of negative events
• Muscle will keep you young. The more muscle you have the younger you look.
Benefits of Muscle #2: Muscle burns fat
According to the Mayo Clinic, building muscle may help you lose weight. Building muscle increases your whole metabolic rate and metabolism, which means your body’s ability to burning calories from fat faster. When you build muscle mass, the body requires more calories in order to assistance the muscle tissue, compared to fat cells. Building muscle and improving your body’s structure will help your body burn more calories to support the particular muscle tissue.
• Muscle increases the amount of calories you burn throughout the day
• It’s like putting a bigger engine in your car.
• Muscles are the engines in our bodies.
• Increase the size of the engine and you will burn more calories at rest.
Benefits of Muscle #3: Muscle keeps you healthy.
• Overweight increases the likelihood for diabetes, stroke and other illnesses.
• Muscle is one of the most effective weapons you can use to combat body fat and stay healthy through life.
Benefits of Muscle #4: Muscle gives you motivation and self-esteem
• Building muscle gives a massive boost to your motivation for accelerated results.
• With results comes confidence. Confidence that will affect all areas of your life.
Benefits of Muscle #5: Muscle makes you look good
• Muscle is the only tissue that can shape and tone the body.
• Muscle is a lot denser than fat so as you lose fat and build muscle you will get smaller.
• Men will naturally build more muscle than women and why women should never fear muscle.
What’s the most effective way to build muscle?
• Muscle is built with the right kind of weight training.
• In the gym, focus on progressive strength training that increases your metabolism.
Strength Training Takes Effort
It takes lots of stamina and strength to build lean muscle tissue. You will be lifting weights or using resistance machines.
Your first time at the gym may not allow you to exercise with much weight, but with time you will progress to heavier weights or more resistance. This easily translates to developing power and endurance because it lets you strengthen the many underused muscles in different parts of your body.
Building muscle will literally take your breath away. And lifting weights is just one of the numerous things that can help improve your cardiovascular stamina and health. According to the Mayo Medical center, any form of exercise or strength training can help reduce the occurrence of chronic diseases. Strength training can help reduce the chances of suffering from arthritis, obesity, diabetes, back pain, and osteoporosis. When you apply effort beyond a normal range, you will be pushing your body to its limits, and your heart and lungs are included.
Of course, you should seek the advice of your health care professional before you start on a weight training or resistance training program. Make sure you are healthy enough to undertake the exertions necessary to build lean muscle mass.